Defensive Handgun 100
The course is a conducted by Certified NRA Instructors and Certified United States Concealed Carry (USCCA) Instructors in a classroom and at a shooting facility. Have you already obtained your CCW/CCDW/CHL/CPL concealed carry training? Do you have your concealed carry permit?
Great, now that you have already received your permit and are legal to carry a concealed handgun, this class is specifically designed to show you how to USE your concealed firearm. This class is an excellent follow up to the basic concealed carry training and serves as a pre-requisite to our Defensive Handgun 200 Course.
The Defensive Handgun 100 Course is an all-day course and is fast paced. This course is specifically designed for those who already possess a concealed carry permit. This class is designed to give the student the skills necessary to become proficient with the fundamentals of defensive shooting. It is expected that the student be very familiar and proficient with handgun safety before attending this course. You will learn how to recognize possibly violent situations and to act accordingly. You will undergo a carefully selected set of drills that will dramatically improve your proficiency, efficiency, comfort, and safety with your handgun, while focusing on defensive situations.
This course is NOT a concealed carry course. If you are looking for a CCW or CCDW concealed carry course, please see our Kentucky | Ohio | Florida (non-resident) CCW Course.
Applicant MUST ALREADY HAVE a Concealed Carry License to attend this course.
Students must be proficient in handgun safety and handling fundamentals before attending this course. To successfully complete this course, the student must be able to demonstrate safe gun handling techniques for the duration of the class.
* Safety Brief
* Review of Fundamentals of Shooting
* Drawing from a Holster & Drawing from Concealment
* Emergency & Tactical Reloading
* Malfunction Clearing Drills
* Conflict Avoidance
* Use of Deadly Force
* Strong and Weak Hand Shooting
* Balancing Speed and Accuracy
* Close Quarters Combat Shooting
* Point Shooting vs. Instinctive Shooting
* . . . and much, much more.
* Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
* Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
* Sturdy Belt
* Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops
* Baseball Cap
* Hydration system or Bottled water
* 500 rounds of factory fresh ammunition
-No RELOADS or specialty ammunition such as RIP ammunition
* Strong Side Holster (defined as a holster on the side of your shooting hand)
-For safety reasons on the range we will use Strong Side Holsters only!
-Holster must not collapse when handgun is removed (we will holster and re-holster repeatedly)
* A modern, serviceable, center-fire handgun
-Semi-Automatic (9mm or higher) – Highly Recommended
-Double Action revolvers (.38 caliber or higher) are acceptable but Semi-Automatic Highly Recommended
-Single-Action revolvers are not allowed
* 2 functional magazines (semi-autos) or speed-loaders (revolvers)
* Dual Magazine carrier optional but HIGHLY recommended
* Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended)
PROHIBITED (READ CAREFULLY):
* For safety on our range, the following are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN during this class:
* Ankle Holster
* Backpack Holster
* Cross-draw holster
* Fannie Pack Holster
* Pocket Holster
* Purse Holster
* Shoulder Rigs
* Small of t