The course is a conducted by Certified NRA Instructors and Certified United States Concealed Carry (USCCA) Instructors in a classroom and at a shooting facility.
The Defensive Handgun 200 Course is an all-day course and is fast paced. There is no time to work on the fundamentals. Continuing where our Defensive Handgun 100 course left off, this course will reinforce the concepts, drills and skills already obtained and continue to show you how to USE your concealed firearm. You will learn how to recognize possibly violent situations and to act accordingly. You will undergo a carefully selected set of drills that will dramatically improve your proficiency, efficiency, comfort, and safety with your handgun, while focusing on defensive situations.
This course is NOT a concealed carry course. If you are looking for a CCW or CCDW concealed carry course, please see our Kentucky | Ohio | Florida (non-resident) CCW Course.
* Applicant MUST ALREADY HAVE a Concealed Carry License to attend this course. If you do not, you must attend our Kentucky | Ohio | Florida (non-resident) CCW Course
* Must have successfully completed our Defensive Handgun 100 Given the fast-paced nature of this course, there is absolutely no time to work on the fundamentals that was taught in our Defensive Handgun 100 course.
Students must be proficient in handgun safety and handling fundamentals before attending this course. To successfully complete this course, the student must be able to demonstrate safe gun handling techniques for the duration of the class.
* Safety Review
* Shooting While Moving
* Drawing from Concealment
* Multiple Target Engagement
* Emergency & Tactical Reloading
* Malfunction Clearing Drills
* Strong and Weak Hand Shooting
* Balancing Speed and Accuracy
* Close Quarters Combat Shooting
* Use of Cover
* Getting off the “X”
* Point Shooting
* . . . and much, much more.
* Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
* Long Pants, Shirt with Higher Collar
* Sturdy Belt
* Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops
* Baseball Cap
* Hydration system or Bottled water
* 500 rounds of factory fresh ammunition
-No RELOADS or specialty ammunition such as RIP ammunition
* Strong Side Holster (defined as a holster on the side of your shooting hand)
-For safety reasons on the range we will use Strong Side Holsters only!
-Holster must not collapse when handgun is removed (we will holster and re-holster repeatedly)
* A modern, serviceable, center-fire handgun
-Semi-Automatic (9mm or higher) – Highly Recommended
-Double Action revolvers (.38 caliber or higher) are acceptable but Semi-Automatic Highly Recommended
-Single-Action revolvers are not allowed
* 2 functional magazines (semi-autos) or speed-loaders (revolvers)
* Dual Magazine carrier optional but HIGHLY recommended
* Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended)
PROHIBITED (READ CAREFULLY):
* For safety on our range, the following are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN during this class:
* Ankle Holster
* Backpack Holster
* Cross-draw holster
* Fannie Pack Holster
* Pocket Holster
* Purse Holster
* Shoulder Rigs
* Small of the Back Holsters
* Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index finger to deactivate a retention device
* Exception to this rule is for Law Enforcement and Military who are issued these types of holsters for duty use only.
* No RELOADS or specialty ammunition such as RIP ammunition
* No Ammunition will be allowed in the classroom area
* No sandals or flip-flops.
* No low-cut tops (hot brass is prone to enter these types of shirts)
* This course will NOT allow you to apply for your concealed carry permit. This class is designed to be the NEXT STEP after the CCW.
* This course is NOT a concealed carry course. If you are looking for a CCW Course, check out our Co-ed or Ladies Only CCW Courses
9:00am - 5:00pm
851 Martin St
Greenville, Ohio 45331
Refunds may be issued minus a $25 fee that can be used to book future classes.